- Philips 8900 is the first curved TV powered by Android™ featuring acknowledged high-class 4K Ultra HD picture quality
- Striking appearance through outstanding design with a contoured ribbon chrome stand
- Great processing power and AndroidTM operating system combine to deliver the most fluent and responsive Smart TV experience
- Smart interaction through typing, pointing, voice and gesturing
Amsterdam, September 4th, 2014 – Today, TP Vision presented the first-ever curved Philips TV. The 139cm (55’’) Philips 8900 4k Ultra HD TV is powered by AndroidTM and certified by GoogleTM . This provides easy access to Google Play Store with its wealth of apps, games and content. In addition, massive processing power together with an AndroidTM operating system allows for the most fluent user interface. The curved Philips 8900 features 3-sided Ambilight and will be available during the third quarter in Europe and Russia.
High-class picture quality
The Philips 8900 has 1000 Hz Perfect Motion Rate Ultra and Ultra Resolution to ensure superb motion sharpness. It also features Local Contrast, to further improve the screens’ excellent contrast, and Micro Dimming Pro, a sensor-based technology that dynamically adapts the LED backlight depending on the ambient room light. The latter delivers impressive contrast through deep blacks and bright whites.
Bended ‘ribbon stand’ harmoniously contrasts with curved display
The Philips 8900 TV has a 139cm (55’’) curved display that stands on a new ‘ribbon stand’. This creates a bold look, which is enhanced by the high-quality polished chrome finish.
3-sided Ambilight for an even more immersive viewing experience
3-sided Ambilight complements the outstanding appearance of the 8900 series. Ambilight is now capable of following really fast moving scenes in action and sports games.
Certified Android UHD TV to enhance the Smart TV experience
All Philips 4K Ultra HD TVs powered by Android™ – including the Philips 8900 – are certified by Google. This means that they have access to all apps, services, and content in the Google Play Store that are suitable for TVs. This app and service offering is provided on top of the existing Philips Smart TV portfolio.
Smart interaction through pointing, typing, voice and gesturing
Philips 8900’s remote control makes navigating the large screen easy. It lets users choose the way they want to communicate with their Philips TV. The pointer operates like a mouse allowing pointing, clicking, and scrolling through on screen menus. On the remote’s rear is a full keyboard for easy text entry. The remote control also enables users to control the TV via voice commands to facilitate search for content. Last but not least, the integrated camera allows gestures to be detected and they are then translated into pre-defined commands.
LG will tick off at least one “world first” at IFA 2014 in Berlin next month, the company having confirmed it will launch the world’s first 21:9 aspect ratio monitor, alongside a new 4K screen and a gaming monitor designed to handle “fast-paced action”.
The new monitors, which are likely to launch alongside the G3 Prime and G3 Stylus smartphones, show that curved displays and 4K resolution screens look likely to be key trends at Europe’s biggest tech show next month.
The LG 34UC97 is the curved IPS screen 21:9 display in question, a 34in monitor with a 3440 x 1440 resolution and a high-speed Thunderbolt 2 connection, it’s said to be aimed at digital photographers and film-makers. It also boasts a 178-degree viewing angle.
It will launch at IFA alongside the LG 31MU97 Digital Cinema 4K Monitor and the 24GM77 Gaming Monitor. The former squeezes 4096 x 2160 pixels in to a 31in screen, while the screen for gamers aims to major on smooth motion thanks to a 144Hz refresh rate. LG’s Dynamic Action Sync (DAS) mode also claims to cut input lag.
Cablesson HDelity HDMI 3D Extender over Single Cat5/6 up to 60m with Bi-Directional IR (SENDER/RECEIVER INCLUDED)
The New Cablesson HDelity HDMI 3D Extender is an HDMI with Bi-Directional IR Extension Kit. The extenders are designed to handle full 1080p up to 50m (130ft) and 1080i/720p up to (60m) 200ft. The Cablesson HDelity HDMI 3D Extender are capable of supporting very high bandwidth and therefore are able to handle all 7 x 3D formats.
The Cablesson HDelity HDMI 3D Extender are based on the latest HDMI technology and therefore are capable of fully supporting HDCP 2.0, Deep Colour and DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD audio. In addition, the Cablesson HDelity HDMI 3D Extender are also equipped with bi-directional IR pass-through, which allows users to control the sources from the remote location as well as sending IR signal from a control system to a remote location. Perfect for Control4, RTI, HAI or any other control system users or dealers may use.
The Cablesson HDelity HDMI 3D Extender includes two modules: transmitting module and receiving module, where the transmitter module converts HDMI with IR to Cat 5/6 (RJ45) and the receiver module converts it back to HDMI and IR. The receiver module is featured with 8-step equalization control, to allow users to adjust the equalization strength to the received HDMI signals accordingly, and therefore optimize the transmission distance between source and display.
- Extends the transmission range up to 50m (130ft) at full 1080p or 1920×1200 and 60m (200ft) at 1080i/720p
- Supports all latest Audio formats such as Dolby True HD, DTS-master
- 3D Compatible (all 7 formats), including the most popular e.g., Frame Packing, Side-by-Side, Top-to-Bottom etc…
- 7 x Embedded EDID functions and Learning EDID function available. Learning function allows user to trick the source to think that it connected to the display rather than going though extenders. This advantage can fix a lot of EDID issues which may happened in a complicated installations with different components involved.
- Supports Bi-Directional IR pass-through up to 60Khz, allows users not only send IR signals from remote location but also to remote location from a control system. Great for Control4 or RTI installers.
- Supports VESA DDC and Hot-Plug Detect (HPD)
- HDCP compatible
- DVI 1.0 compliant, user will need to use DVI/HDMI adapter
- Supports Deep Colour
- Allows cascading
- Wall mounting housing design for easy and robust installation
- Locking Power connector
1. (1080p) 40m (130ft) – CAT5e / 50m (165ft) – CAT6
2. (720p/1080i) 50m (165ft) CAT5e / 60m (200ft) – CAT6
- Video Bandwidth: 6.75Gbps
- Audio Support: Up to 8-channel including all latest digital formats such as Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master
- IR: Bi-directional up to 20~60kHz
- Input TMDS signal: 1.2 volts (peak-to-peak)
- Input DDC signal: 5 volts (peak-to-peak)
- HDMI Connector: 19 pin type female connector
- Power Supply: 5V 2A (Universal 110/240)
- Power Consumption: 1.5 Watts (max)
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 2.9” x 3.5” x 1” (75 x 90 x 25mm)
- Weight: 240g each unit
- 1x Cablesson HDelity HDMI 3D Extender (Transmitting Modules)
- 1x Cablesson HDelity HDMI 3D Extender ( Receiving Modules)
- 1x IR blaster
- 1x IR receiver
- 2x 5V power supply units
- 1x User’s manual